*** Save the Date ***
Alumni Homecoming 2020
May 20-24, 2020
Hyatt Regency Hotel, Washington, D.C.
More information, including our schedule of events and hotel registration details, forthcoming!
“Save the date” to join us for our quadrennial U. S. Capitol Page Alumni Association Homecoming 2020. We will convene May 20-24, 2020, in Washington, D.C., at the Hyatt Regency Hotel.
Those who attended Alumni Homecoming 2016 shared that the weekend surpassed all expectations. USCPAA welcomed nearly 500 Capitol Page alumni and their families for an event-packed reunion of Pages spanning eight decades! Participants left feeling energized and uplifted after connecting with friends, both old and new.
Your Alumni Homecoming 2020 Committee is now hard at work preparing for our next reunion. Stay tuned to this website (and forthcoming emails) for more information regarding registration, discounted hotel room reservations (in the works), event and tour sign-ups, and more.
Curious about what to expect? Alumni Homecoming 2020 will feature a dynamic schedule encompassing distinguished speakers, panel discussions, special tours, photo opportunities, private receptions, class and decade dinners, a gala event, and much, much more! Tailor your weekend to what interests you… 2016 participants shared that the weekend was exhilarating and fun, whether they attended as singles, couples, or families… all had a wonderful experience!
As we build our Alumni Homecoming 2020 schedule of events, we will look to include the best parts of our widely-attended Alumni Homecoming 2016. Highlights from 2016 included:
– Reception and panel discussion by Pages across five decades at the US Capitol Visitor Center;
– Panel discussion by five former Court Pages on the desegregation of the Capitol Page School and working at the Supreme Court in the 1950s-1970s;
– Tours of the US Capitol, including the House floor, Webster Hall (the Senate Page school) and the Library of Congress;
– A presentation from the page alumni and founders of the Washington Leadership Academy, a new Washington DC charter school loosely based on the Page experience;
– Saturday Evening Alumni Homecoming Gala with Keynote Speaker, Don Peebles, House 1978; and
– Group photo at the US Capitol.
All photos, taken by Joel Zink, can be downloaded here.
Additionally, we have created event specific posts to show some of the events and photos:
– Reception and panel discussion at the Capitol Visitors Center;
– Panel discussion at the Supreme Court;
– Decade Photos on the House steps;
– Alumni Homecoming Gala;
– Hanging out at the hotel’s hospitality suite;
– Year or Decade Class Dinners; and
– Picnic on the National Mall
Check out our 2016 list of attendees.
The Association thanks the individuals and organizations who sponsored the 2016 Homecoming in Washington, D.C. Their generous support enabled us to put together a terrific multi-day program for former pages from the 1940s through 2010s.
Ellen McConnell Blakeman (Senate ’72)
Edward “Joe” Hillings (House ’55)
Donald M. Karp (House ’53)
Gerald S. Papazian (House ’72)
U.S. Capitol Historical Society
The G.V. “Sonny” Montgomery Foundation
Corinne Chapman Morse (House ‘94)
Peter Darby (House ’83)
Helio Fred garcia (House ’74)
John Nine (Senate ’54)
Robert E. Bauman (House and Senate ‘55)
G. Thomas Chapman III (Senate ’62)
Dana DiCarlo (House ’83)
Tim Gibson (House ’78)
Kenneth Giles (Senate ‘65)
R. Web Heidelberg (House ’61)
Myla Jolley Long (House ’88)
Vance Morrison (Supreme Court ‘56)
Walter “Joe” Stewart (Senate ’53)