Please join the US Capitol Page Alumni Association for our first Signature Event of 2017 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley, CA on Saturday, March 25, 2017 from noon – 2:30. RSVP no later than Friday, March 17, 2017.
All former Pages and their families and guests are invited to attend the mid-day program over lunch along with a self-guided tour of the museum. We look forward to another great day, sharing memories of our Page experience and discussing plans for the future of the page program and other alumni events. If you have any questions about the event, feel free to contact the alumni association.
EVENT: The Ronald Reagan Library event will be held on Saturday March 25th with the program starting at 12 noon and should conclude around 2:30pm. The event includes:
- A welcome reception;
- A seated lunch program with special guest speaker, Duke Blackwood, Director of the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library;
- Update on current activities of the Alumni Association;
- Opportunity to meet former Pages and hear about their Page experiences, particularly those who served in Congress during President Reagan’s administration; and
- A viewing of the final version of the Page documentary, Democracy’s Messengers, as shown during the 2016 Homecoming.
Everyone attending will also receive a ticket ($21 value) to a self-guided tour of the Reagan Presidential Museum and Air Force One Pavilion which can be toured before or after the event. Note the tour of the museum typically takes 2-3 hours to tour including the Air Force One pavilion, so plan your day accordingly. The Museum opens at 10am and closes at 5pm Saturday.
EVENT REGISTRATION: The event will be $40/per person for active USCPAA Members and their guests and $55/per person for non-members and their guests. If you wish to become an Alumni Association member and take advantage of member pricing, please join as a member now before completing this registration. The cost of the event includes lunch, access to a self-led tour of the museum and a special Reagan-era memento. We also have sponsorship levels available at $250, which includes 2 complimentary event tickets, and $500, which will includes 4 complimentary event tickets. Both sponsorships will include special recognition at the event. RSVP no later than Friday, March 17, 2017.
LOCATION: Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum 40 Presidential Drive Simi Valley, CA. 93065 The library is located in Simi Valley, California – about an hour northwest of Los Angeles (LAX) Airport and 15 minutes from Westlake Village. The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum opens at 10 am and closes at 5 pm every day. You may want to come earlier or stay later depending on your schedule to complete the self-guided tour of the museum. Parking is free.
HOTEL INFORMATION: Hyatt Regency Westlake 880 S Westlake Blvd Westlake Village, CA 91361 Select HERE To register for a room at the Hyatt Regency Westlake. The association has designated the Hyatt Regency Westlake as the host hotel for the weekend and is a 15 minute drive to the Reagan Library. A limited block of rooms will be available for Friday and Saturday nights for $189/night plus tax on a first come/first serve until filled to capacity but must be booked no later than March 8, 2017. Registrants will be responsible for completing their bookings directly through the registration link provided above. There are plenty of other reasonably priced hotels in the area that will have lower rates if you wish to stay elsewhere in the Simi Valley region.
TRANSPORTATION: For transportation needs between all of the nearby airports and the hotel, Roadrunner Shuttle provides discounted rates to/from the airport and can also assist with other transportation needs in the area.
REGISTRATION TIPS: Tips for registering below:
- Select the total number of registrants, including yourself;
- Register the Page Alumni first and please provide a valid email address;
- Each attendee and his/her fee will be registered on a separate page, after you select “continue”;
- Email addresses for all other attendees are not required; and
- You do not have to have a PayPal account to pay with your credit card. Simply select “credit card OR account balance at PayPal.com” and you will be prompted to pay by credit card